Thursday, March 1, 2012

Creeping Crude, Physical exhaustion and Pooh Bear

The day has passed and I've arrived home to find it lacking a Dementor. This was nice. :)

Today at the Sweat Shop, I think I finally reached complete physical exhaustion. Yep..I'm pretty sure I did.

After coming down with Dementor's crude..yeah, that same nasty chest cold he had ended up spreading to me and to all the grands. I guess his germs were oozing about the house while everyone was here visiting and well, everyone caught it. (sigh)

It's almost over for me, but I got sent home 1/2 a day from work on Tuesday..with a temp of 101 that night. The symptoms began pretty hard and heavy on Sunday..I worked on Monday feeling like a piece of warmed over crap and by Tuesday, I was dried up crap.
Oh yeah..So I came home and drugged myself beyond recognition with Nyquil and slept till the following morning. Wednesday I was simply crap..better then the dried crap of the day before, but not 100% by a long shot.

It seems though, that on Wednesday, Atilla decided to put the screws to everyone and worked us nearly to death. (She did this on Tuesday too, but I only suffered 4 1/2 hours of it). This barrage of 'work work work' followed us into Thursday so that by this afternoon all of us were worn thin and weak.

I could barely make it home..it took a great amount of effort just to plunge the clutch of the Zoom Zoom to the floor to switch gears.

I think I must have walked 1000 miles at work today, up and down, up and down pulling fabric for stripes.

Oh gawd, I'll probably dream of red and white striping tonight..I'm sure of it.

I heaved and hauled 250 yard rolls of heavy material to make said stripes too. I hauled 'sheets' of 'fields' to the sewing table to be hemmed toward the end of the day and I swear to you, If I'd have had to haul, load, lift or carry one more thing, I'd have fallen out. I had no muscle left.
All this while on the later end of being very ill, does not bode well for the body...

There is a good side to all this physical labor I've been subjected to recently..I've dropped 10 lbs.
All the ladies there tell me, that within their first 3 months of working their they all dropped a good bit of weight..usually between 30-50 lbs.
This could be a good thing, not to mention that it will get me back into better 'shape'.

Even though I consider round a shape already damnit!

I had an odd menopausal moment this morning. Actually it was more like 10 moments..but who's counting?
I'm on my way to the bathroom for the upteenth time and something made me think of my step kids. (Dementors children)

He has two, one boy, one girl and for the life of me..my menopausal moment hit and I could not..and I mean COULD NOT remember his sons name!
OHMYGAWD!
WTH was wrong with me?? My brain actually could not recall, could not function..could not..THINK of what that childs name was.
So there I sat on the toilet wracking my seemingly addled brain, trying to remember.

You have to picture a short fat women..sitting on the pot...with a look of utter despair on her face trying desperately to accomplish something.
Looking more like Pooh Bear mumbling 'think think think..then doing the pooh that I needed to do! Jessuscheerist! what was wrong with me?
It took me almost 8 minutes to finally recall his name. I felt foolish and old. I felt dumb. I felt menopausal. Egads, I felt like I was loosing my marbles. I finished my Pooh Bear routine with a sense of......semi accomplishment.
Yeah, I had finally remembered his name..but the mere fact that I had forgotten it was enough to make one pause and..worry.
I'm seriously considering vitamins...but vitamins don't contain hormones, which is what is lacking, so one really has to ask..why bother? If you take vitamins to help improve your memory, but menopause makes you go crazy and take it away anyway..why bother??
I mean jees.

Either way, my menopausal moment was over, the memory returned (even if only momentarily) and work began. Off to the sweat shop I went to learn of physical exhaustion. So tonight, here I sit..1/2 a muscle relaxer down as I wait for it to take effect and make me sleep.
The day is over and tomorrow is still ahead.
I do have one good thing to look forward to, tomorrow is a short day..we are only there for 4 hours and Atilla is on a mini vacation. She won't be there.
Thank the gods!

The bad part about tomorrow..? Dementor is off and doesn't have to work all weekend. So it is his company I will have to suffer through for 2 1/2 days.
Does it ever end?

This flight plan is starting to suck....

The Crone of the 'not so honey honey pot'

Sage

No comments:

They ALL live at my house!!

They ALL live at my house!!